What is the goal of energy sources
Jump label navigation
We have already achieved a lot along the way: In 2020, around 46 percent of electricity will come from wind, sun, water or biomass. Renewable energies are a very important source of electricity in Germany.
The energy transition - a guarantee for innovation and progress
The federal government has set itself the goal of turning the energy transition into a driver for energy efficiency, modernization, innovation and digitization in the supply of electricity and heat. This also applies to agriculture and the transport sector. In doing so, the international competitiveness of Germany as an industrial location should not be jeopardized.
Use energy more efficiently
Germany's energy is not only becoming increasingly green, we are also using it more sparingly. Primary energy consumption in Germany has been reduced in recent years, by 5.5 percent between 2008 and 2017. You can find out which goals and specific measures are behind the energy savings in the energy efficiency dossier.
Energy transition in buildings
Around 35 percent of the total final energy is used in buildings, especially in your own four walls, for heating and hot water, for example. But where a lot is used, a lot can also be saved. That is why the BMWi also supports the energy transition in the building sector. With comprehensive advice and attractive funding programs. Find out more in the topic dossier "Buildings".
By the way, everyone can take part in saving energy - consumers, companies, municipalities. How is shown by the broad information campaign "Germany makes it efficient", with which the BMWi would like to inform and mobilize - for more energy efficiency.
With the law to promote tenant electricity, the federal government involves tenants in the energy transition. The subsidy applies to tenant electricity from solar systems that were put into operation with or after the law came into force. More information can be found here.
Innovative: modern networks and intelligent meters
An energy supply that is based on renewable energy sources also poses new challenges: A large part of the electricity is fed into the power grid in a decentralized manner and then has to cover long distances. For example, the electricity generated by wind power in the north, which has to be transported to the consumer centers in southern Germany. The expansion of the large supraregional transmission networks and the local distribution networks is therefore of central importance for a successful energy transition. At the same time, consumption and conventional generation must become more flexible. The digitization of the energy transition through intelligent electricity meters (smart meters) will better harmonize the generation and consumption of energy and thereby open up savings potential.
Handelsblatt Energy Summit 2020 on January 21, 2020
Federal Minister of Economics Peter Altmaier
The German energy transition has since found imitators, more than we actually believe. And these imitators are so eager to do what they do because they say learning from the Germans means: little unemployment, a lot of economic growth, good wages and good incomes, and at the same time clean energy and climate protection.
- How is speech recognition processed
- Tamils accept Urdu
- Whose exam is harder IITs or MITs
- Is Brunswick stew any good
- Did you originally grow up in Cleveland?
- What do we call planes birds
- Are there really such things as superpowers?
- What is a whole note in music
- Should politics intervene in religion
- Pakistani are weird
- How good is Sankalpa PU College Mysore
- Which objects are the same and different
- How is Resonance DLP for the NEET
- Where can I get automotive diagnostic procedures
- Why can't people stop worrying?
- What are the advantages of engine modifications
- Embalming is unethical
- What is aluminum introduction and its alloys
- Grade 12 grades are taken into account for internships
- What is a quilt
- What's wrong with the Higgs boson
- What does txt
- How did vegetables develop
- Why doesn’t bend over with cooked
- Can be Netflix Chromecast
- Who owns the BNSF Railroad
- What is common role in sociology
- Advanced students can apply to RGUKT
- Have you ever given birth at home
- What colors go well with ivory
- What fuel does an airliner use
- Journalism can be dangerous
- Which prepaid card should I get
- Can I have patanjali aloe vera juice