How is the health system in India
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
General information on the health system
Medical care in Delhi is not bad in the private sector, but it differs from standard western medicine. Medical bills and medication must usually be paid immediately in cash or by credit card. English-speaking staff cannot be expected in all departments of government hospitals.
The German embassy in New Delhi and the consulates general in Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and Calcutta have compiled lists of doctors and hospitals in the respective geographical districts of the representations.
Hospitalization and repatriation
Diagnosis / treatment in private clinics in Indian hospitals is sometimes more expensive than in Germany. Your statutory or private health insurance does not always cover these costs.
It is strongly advised to take out health insurance including repatriation insurance for a medical evacuation to your home country that may be necessary.
Not all Western medicines are available in India so bring a sufficient travel supply of the medicines you will need with you. In particular, drugs that are subject to the Narcotics Act in Germany are sometimes not available in India. If you bring medication with you for regular consumption, it is advisable to carry a medical certificate in English with you. The amount of medication must be in reasonable proportion to the length of stay of the traveler. The Indian import regulations can change at any time, inquire about the current regulations at the Indian embassy in Berlin before you start your journey.
Regional medical practice
The regional medical practice of the German embassy in New Delhi is located on the first floor of the German embassy and is open to all EU citizens.
The practice has its own laboratory, its own pharmacy, diagnostics (ultrasound, EKG / stress, 24-hour blood pressure and EKG, lung function and hearing test) and an emergency room, all vaccines are in stock (including yellow fever). Regional medical practice.
Medical care India
Medical care in New Delhi
Medical care in Chennai
Medical care in Bangalore
Medical care in Calcutta
Medical care in Mumbai
Information on major diseases
Kyasanur Forest Disease
Health hazard from air pollution
- Squirrel meat is grilled and eaten
- How many times has Disneyland closed
- How can i see my lawyer
- A trample can be dangerous
- What is the future of firearms
- Who is the best comic actress
- Natural disasters have increased in recent years
- How can I earn 500 a day
- How can we make money with Rakuten
- So what's the next big wave
- What should I learn after B Tech
- Did Adolf Hitler ever visit Mexico?
- What number comes after 22
- What is the name of the study of love
- If an FI circuit breaker is triggered in the event of overcurrent
- 11th students can appear for NTSE
- What is more expensive love or money
- How do video game AIs work
- Is space travel important to the world
- Where does a king live?
- What makes a video game immersive
- Officers general wear badges
- How do doctors remove skin marks
- What is aquaculture and irrigation
- What did the Russians think of Jews?
- How do I get better at LabVIEW
- How were words and their meanings created
- How do I get unlimited Robux
- What do physicists think about physics today?
- Testosterone grows hair on the scalp
- The unit of impedance is
- What is an injection molding machine screw
- What's your crazy habbit
- What are TCS holiday homes