Why is AR preferred to VR
AR - from Amazon to Zara:
How augmented reality is changing retail
This has now led to Petronio and Holooh working together with Zara have developed an AR project. Zara often works with Petronio - creative director, photographer, editor, tech, filmmaker, consultant - and had seen his self-service app.
From April 18, the new collection will initially be presented in 120 Zara stores worldwide using augmented reality. The campaign starts on April 18th and lasts for two weeks. The new looks were shot with models in the Holooh studio. The customer can then view them in the shops and shop window displays using the "Zara AR" app and buy them directly. When the user points the mobile phone at one of the points displayed in the shop window, at podiums in the store or at the box in which he received his online order, the models become Léa Julian and Fran Summers alive on the screens of smartphones and tablets for seven to twelve seconds.
Zara had twelve AR sequences produced. According to the company, it was "one of the largest filming of its kind in the world". The models move in the AR and can even speak. The app also allows the holograms to be shared on the social web.
The holograms were recorded in a 170 square meter set. Holooh is currently still producing in the studio of Inria in Grenoble (picture below).
True VR instead of 360 degrees
It is very important to Hooloh that his studio does not simply create 360-degree images. Instead, people and objects in motion are recorded from all sides with the help of 68 cameras. With this, Holooh mainly shoots volumetric VR clips for musicians (for example for the French Yodelice) and fashion with up to 50 images per second. In the studio there is space for a catwalk or even a band.
"True VR" is what the Holooh founders call it, Aymeric Delaroche-Vernet, Ursula Delaroche-Vernet and Edmond Boyer: "The viewer can interact. And he has freedom in six dimensions" - what is meant are the three axes of movement and all angles of inclination, known in aviation as roll-pitch-yaw angles. At the end of 2017, the UFA Lab shot the first volumetric VR film in Germany together with the Fraunhofer Institute.
There is even a comment from the Apple boss on fashion and AR Tim Cook, who is generally considered more of a technology than a fashion guru. Forbes quotes Cook as follows: "When you think of fashion shows, they're great for AR because you want to see the clothes all around and not just from the front."
According to the Deloitte TMT Predictions 2018 800 million premium smartphones will be in circulation worldwide by the end of next year, which even support sophisticated AR applications with the appropriate operating systems and processors. Consumers will then have access to tens of thousands of augmented reality apps. Deloitte sees this as a drive for the economy: AR apps from content providers could generate sales of around 100 million dollars worldwide in 2018, the market study predicts. AR promises even more money in terms of smartphone sales and downloads of certain app types such as shopping, games and social networks, according to Deloitte. Or just AR mode.
- How would Walmart go out of business
- Can someone do tai chi
- Can business students conduct research in business
- How can we solve math
- How can I win a smartphone
- Content creators should be penalized for clickbait
- What is printing
- Do you like the Windows operating system
- The way to keep the lawn good
- Really describes your zodiac sign
- Cats can be allergic to dogs
- Ascites is a deadly disease
- Disease can spread through tension and stress
- Why did the megalodon become extinct
- Who is the Bollywood fake actress
- How many people got married in 2012?
- What is car title wash
- What's the coolest thing about Chicago
- How many languages can bilingual people think in?
- What are the average college student loans
- What happened to Germany politically after the First World War?
- Mediation is difficult
- Why are Facebook notifications repeated so often
- What are the theories of accounting
- Are Pokemon slaves to their trainers
- Why don't you get arrested
- What is the SIE test
- What is your quirkiest habit
- Vote the Bahamas in the UN
- Who is your favorite YouTuber in India
- Can I be transgender and gay?
- What is a productive use of time
- Which LED is best MI or Panasonic
- What is the number one enemy of meditation