Is soluble in oxygen in water
Oxygen content of the water
The oxygen content of the water is the result of processes that supply and consume oxygen. Oxygen is brought in from the atmosphere, whereby the oxygen uptake mainly depends on the size of the water surface, the water temperature, the saturation deficit, the water turbulence and the air movement. Oxygen is also released during photosynthesis in aquatic plants. This can lead to oxygen oversaturation. On the other hand, during the natural breakdown of organic substances in water, oxygen is consumed by the activity of microorganisms and by the respiration of animals and plants. This can lead to a lack of oxygen in the water. The "fish critical value" is an oxygen content of 3 mg / l, below which fish can be harmed.
Due to the dependence of the oxygen concentration on the various physical, chemical and biochemical factors and the resulting great variability (including day-night rhythm in eutrophic waters), the dynamics of the oxygen balance in the water can usually only be recorded by continuous measurement and registration .
The measurement of dissolved oxygen is widely used in water monitoring and wastewater engineering. Oxygen is an essential component for the aerobic metabolic processes in every body of water. Water pollution often leads to "oxygen depletion" as a result of the biological degradation of organic substances. Accordingly, the oxygen content of a natural body of water is a criterion for assessing the ecological situation and, in wastewater technology, a measurement variable for regulating the treatment plants.
- What are the characteristics of sales tax
- How do resumes look like
- What language is used to program Jarvis
- Why do captured orcas kill people
- Why doesn't Tesla have SiriusXM
- Can we do LLB according to btech?
- Edureka offers free courses
- Is E coli dangerous in urine?
- Is love true at first sight 2
- Was the apostle Luke a gentile?
- Have you ever created a website
- What is Vladimir Putin's worldview
- Why don't doctors like to prescribe Subutex
- How do ads sell us a lifestyle?
- Why can't I remember happy memories
- What does dark red-brown slime mean
- What a dancer you are
- How do I become the perfect friend
- What do I have to consider with regard to pension provision
- Which is better Conduent or Cognizant
- Why does TCS have such large layoffs
- Why do I find people so boring
- How does a Taurus woman behave
- What are some deodorants without aluminum zirconium