Which is greater than 1 or 5
Greater and lesser equals sign notation explained
On this page, the greater and lesser or equal notation is explained in detail. You need this for almost all others Types of arithmetic in mathematicsand it represents a fundamental relationship.
The larger or smaller sign indicates that a number is larger or smaller than another number. The easiest way to imagine this is using the number system.
Let's just write down all the numbers from 1 to 20 in their order:
(small) 1 - 2- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 ... (large)
Logically, the numbers start small on the left and get larger the further they go to the right. So you can make a direct statement about the ratio of the numbers.
With the larger or smaller character, the larger number is always at the larger end and the smaller always at the smaller end, regardless of the direction in which the symbol itself goes - so it's easy to remember 😉
1 <2 (1 is less than 2)
5 <18 (5 is less than 18)
or just the other way around:
2> 1 (2 is greater than 1)
18> 5 (18 is greater than 5)
The relationship “greater than or equal to” may seem illogical at first; we can best explain this using an example. The sign in this case is:≤ and vice versa≥ . The line underneath indicates the statement "=".
You need it especially when specifying certain Sets of numbers and often with factual questions in the exam. Here you can find some illustrative examples:
Klaus should buy a cake. His mother gives him money for it, but she only knows that it is more expensive than 10 € but will not cost more than 20 €:
The relationships can be represented mathematically as follows:
Price (cake)> 10 € (the cake costs more than 10 euros)
Price (cake)≤ € 20 (but not more than € 20, so a maximum of exactly these 20 euros or less)
This can also be represented like this:
The numbers that come into question for the price of the cake can be sketched like this:
€ 10.01 - - - all numbers in between - - - - € 20.00
- Things to do before you are 18
- Why should teenagers go to the military?
- Nordstrom was found in Seattle or Portland
- Why do we have to obey
- Where is the best place to go on vacation
- How free are you really
- Which Windows 10 services should I disable?
- What distinguishes the IIT from other universities
- Which Oscar-nominated films are worth watching
- What does an ISFJ do
- Is Mark Zuckerberg richer than Bill Gates
- You May Die from Lou Gehrigs Disease
- What was your first exotic pet
- What is the Japanese word for panel
- What is the result of Aakash 2018 NEET
- North Korea landed on the sun
- Do you still have your wedding photo
- What difference would India's own GPS make
- What is the square root of 4685
- How can I kill pampas grass efficiently
- When was the last time Thanos ignored his fate?
- What's your Xbox Live gamertag
- What are some must read novels
- What is Amazon Technology