What does a sports physiotherapist do
Further training to become a sports physiotherapist
The training to become a sports physiotherapist is aimed specifically at physiotherapists. However, there is no uniform regulation with regard to the content or the duration, so that the courses of the individual providers sometimes differ from one another. However, providers can receive accreditation from the German Olympic Sports Confederation (DOSB) if they can provide evidence of a certain level and certain content of their courses.
There are also special training courses from the DOSB, which conclude with a license for DOSB sports physiotherapy and which are usually specially marked. This certification entitles them to supervise competitive athletes who, for example, take part in the Olympic Games. A license extension is only granted if an advanced training course is attended at least every two years. It should be noted that even courses certified by the DOSB do not always automatically train you to become a DOSB sports physiotherapist, but this certification can, for example, only refer to a basic course with corresponding content. This certification is only possible if, after successfully completing a DOSB sports physiotherapist basic training, a minimum of two years of practice follows, after which you can apply for a place on the course at the DOSB, who explicitly trains you to become a licensed DOSB sports physiotherapist.
Sports physiotherapists work with athletes from a wide variety of areas and in different age groups and look after athletes, especially when they have injuries. In addition, sports physiotherapists, especially for competitive athletes, also carry out prevention work and support training.
For which professions is a sports physiotherapist course suitable?
Training to become a sports physiotherapist is primarily aimed at trained physiotherapists. In addition, this training is also possible for physiotherapists and doctors. In individual cases, there is also the possibility that state-certified masseurs, medical pool attendants, certified sports teachers or even people with a bachelor's degree in sports science take this further training.
Structure and content of the training
In terms of content, participants in this training course deal with the topics of sports medicine, training science and physiotherapy. From the sports medicine department, for example, the participants deal with functional anatomy, sports injuries, doping in sports, the structure of tissue and muscle, performance and nutritional physiology. From the field of physiotherapy, participants receive information on clinical diagnostics, various physical therapies, prevention and rehabilitation training and massages, for example.
Professional opportunities after further training as a sports physiotherapist
Sports physiotherapists look after competitive and amateur athletes either on a permanent basis or on a self-employed basis.
This training is offered, for example, by:
- Spt education: Sports psychotherapy - “MAL-15” course in Malente: - to the website
- TOP-PHYSIO: Basic Sports Physiotherapy Course (DOSB) in Berlin - to the website
- Association of Physical Therapy Landesgruppe Sachsen-Anhalt: Sports Physiotherapy Basics in Schönebeck - to the website
- AGS AG Sports Physiotherapy (ZVK): Training as sports physiotherapist in Bad Elster, Berlin, Darmstadt, Hanover, Leipzig, Ludwigsburg, Munich, Mönchen-Gladbach, Tübingen and Weinheim - to the website
Related training opportunities via distance learning
In the field of physiotherapy, even in related sub-areas, there are hardly any opportunities for further training via distance learning. This can be justified by the fact that practical work on people is very central in these training courses and these activities are difficult to convey through correspondence courses.
- How to open a DCM file
- How do I record voice over?
- How does scorpion poison cure cancer
- Is our Dropbox content safe?
- For whom did Emily Ratajkowski model
- How is mortgage interest calculated per month
- Why does glucose-6-phosphate inhibit hexokinase
- How are family businesses run?
- What is the Kepler Heliocentric System
- When should surgeons stop working?
- Know how to design the best science project
- What do you do after graduating from law school?
- Which technologies enable people instead of replacing them
- What are dynamic variables
- How does intermittent fasting make you healthier?
- What is the product family in Salesforce
- Where do presidential candidates stand on topics
- Who doesn't listen to you
- Is Casablanca a good movie
- How will Vietnam fight sea level rise
- Why we should become a more adversarial investor
- What is organization for human resources
- What is perceived
- What words do you hate the most
- Why is wood hard 1
- What is a classic spaghetti carbonara recipe
- Is proton solid or liquid
- How can I become more spiritually skilled
- When will Realme launch a 5G smartphone?
- How do American universities rate their degrees?
- How are onion sides made
- Got Powerball numbers tonight
- What is clairvoyance
- What is the Neoplatonic model