How many words are 200 characters
What is a standard page?
Billing for editing and proofreading is based on standard pages of 1,650 characters each, including spaces - and not, for example, on A4 pages. The reason for this is as follows: By setting the font, font size, line spacing and margin width, it is possible, for example, to compress a text onto a single A4 page or expand it to 100 A4 pages. The number of A4 pages can therefore fluctuate depending on the type of formatting, although the number of characters in the text does not change, and is therefore unsuitable for billing purposes. In the case of billing according to standard pages, the only measure for the scope of a text is its total number of characters. If you divide this number by 1,650, you get the standard number of pages of a text. Such a calculation is equally fair for the customer and for the editor, because the total number of characters does not fluctuate, not even with clever formatting. The number 1,650 is made up of 30 lines of 55 characters each.
How do I determine the total number of characters in my text?
In Word and OpenOffice, you can determine the number of characters as follows:
Under the menu item 'Check' you will find the button 'Count words' in the section 'Document check':
from Word 2013:Under the menu item 'Review' you will also find the button 'Count words' in the section 'Document review':
After clicking on 'Count words', an information window appears in which you can read off the number of characters including spaces for your text:
In OpenOffice select the entry 'Count words' in the menu item 'Extras':
Clicking on the entry also opens the desired information window here:
Now divide the total number of characters by 1,650, and the standard number of pages for your text is ready.
Would you like more information on editing and proofreading or a specific offer?
Then write to me by e-mail or using the contact form or call me on +49 (0) 341 26438224!
- Are all sociopaths psychopaths too?
- Can you solve these 10 2
- Are Kurdish Christians ethnically Kurdish
- How is RAIT for computer science
- Will there ever be a Steve job again?
- What are German cuckoo clocks
- What happened to NBA's Linsanity
- What does it really mean
- Why do we all hate expressionless faces
- How can you outsource reading
- What does Steve Ballmer think of Google
- What are the amazing photos you have
- Do you ever have a prophetic dream
- What's the weather like in Missouri
- What do you think of power
- Can we buy an iPhone in India
- What is Darfur
- What are some herbal medicines for the kidney
- NetBeans sends my codes to Oracle
- Why aren't my budgies having babies?
- Which devices are compatible with MacOS Catalina
- Why do physicists still believe in God?
- Which coffee is good for Indians?
- What's your road rage story