Who were the Gorgons in Greek mythology
Greek mythologyDaughters of Phorcys and the Ceto, of extraordinary beauty, but because of his pride transformed by the gods into snake-haired monsters; They had kite scales on their heads, tusks like wild boars, and iron hands and wings on their heads with which they could rise into the air; the sight of them was so horrific that they turned everyone who looked at them to stone; it was her three sisters; Stheno, Euryale and Medusa, which the latter is preferably called Gorgon or Gorgon; the first two were immortal, Medusa was not; therefore, when Perseus was ordered to fetch the head of the Gorgon, only this could be meant. The hero cut it off from her, and from her blood immediately sprang up the winged horse Pegasus, and Chrysaor, the hero, who became the father of the three-wedger Geryon. Both were children of Neptune, whom he generated with Medusa when she was still beautiful; this is said to have happened in the temple of Minerva, so some mythographers state that the metamorphosis was done as a punishment for this outrage. Our picture shows, after an antique vase painting, how the two Gorgons, Stheno and Euryale, summoned Neptune and told him the misfortune of their sister Medusa. As an attribute, her head belongs to Perseus and Minerva, who last it on her shield or breastplate.
From Vollmer's Mythologie aller V lker, Stuttgart 1874
- Could a democracy exist without a vote
- Is ketamine really a tranquilizer for horses
- What is promotional price
- Which is greater than 1 or 5
- What language did the Saxons speak?
- Who is Carl Sagan
- What does 7pupu mean in Chinese?
- Do deaf people have guide dogs for the blind
- What can you eat with inflammation of the gums
- Should enum be nullable or not
- Is Ska dead
- What are problems with classifying multiple classes
- Why don't some people watch WWE wrestling
- Is my theory about life true?
- Is Selkrik College good
- Who wrote the book of Sanditon
- Who is Trey Gowdy
- How does a fire blanket work
- Breathtaking is a good compliment
- Why did Krishna not kill Duryodhana
- Induction heating can occur with solutions
- When was our solar system created?
- Why do cops use walkie talkies
- Why is a flapjack called a flapjack
- What is meant by that is silent
- How can I understand this paragraph
- What color are these eyes
- Cancer sufferers have a diabolical side
- What are the ingredients of the atomic bomb
- What are the best magic tricks
- Does capitalism drive people egotistically insane
- Case studies are beneficial for entrepreneurs
- Why do you think we exist