How does suppression affect people emotionally?
Navigation and service
Recommendations for action
Promote professional distance
People in helping professions in particular have to learn the right balance between closeness and distance. Especially young professionals who are enthusiastic about getting involved and want to change something tend to put their personal needs aside. This can be the beginning of a burnout spiral, if not counteracted. Motivate employees who have problems with professional distance to take advantage of further training or supervision offers.
Check work organization
Emotional overstrain is not a failure of a person, but often an expression of inadequate work organization. As a rule, the activities have to be carried out under great time pressure with high quality standards and great responsibility at the same time - whether in the hospital, in the home, in the call center or in customer service. That is a burden. Try to reduce the time pressure in the work processes as far as you can and avoid work peaks - through realistic planning and clear agreements.
The organization of breaks has a major influence on the extent to which work is perceived as stressful and stressful. With a free schedule, people tend to switch off only when it is actually too late. That is why it can make sense in some, especially emotionally demanding jobs, to think about fixed break regulations. The following rule applies: more and shorter is better than longer.
Communication in the team
An open discussion culture and team spirit are the best buffer for emotional stress. Many feelings and experiences can best be discussed and processed with the help of collegial advice and support - because you share the same horizon of experience. In addition, young professionals can benefit from the knowledge of experienced employees. It may make sense to call in an external person for advice and moderation or additional supervision (e.g. in the event of team conflicts).
- Do neon lights really have neon inside
- How do I overcome boredom in poker
- People wear bow ties with suits
- Induction heating can occur with solutions
- What is your signature appetizer
- Donald Trump is part of German
- Are toilets connected directly to the sewer
- Why is Life360 not accurate
- Is glycolysis an aerobic or anaerobic process
- Did Napoleon Bonaparte ever visit Mexico
- What were Tchaikovsky's best songs
- How can you turn off the power
- Is NYU an Ivy League
- Why don't people think anymore
- What is gear shifter
- Project management pays off well
- Why are fruit juices filtered before drinking
- What are the sensations associated with hunger
- How to cook an orange
- What is OLS
- How's the crowd in DY Pimpri
- Salsa is a Latin American dance
- What are some of the limitations of R.
- What are some historical facts about Ghana