Which films deal with scientific research?
Before we talk about how scientists work on a question, let's start with a little story that each of us has certainly experienced at one point or another.
Imagine writing a history paper in two weeks' time. Your aim is to write a good grade.
If you are honest with yourself, then you don't really know much about the subject - the causes of the outbreak of the First World War and the effects of the First World War on the soldiers and the everyday life of the civilian population. In your Starting position So you come to the conclusion that an intensive study of your notes and your history book will be necessary in the next two weeks.
Again and again, the events of the next two weeks put you in front of various Obstacles. For example, your desk is full of things that don't really belong there. A good friend's birthday is also coming soon, so you should urgently get a present. And then there is your cell phone, from which you are constantly distracted ...
So you come to the end: It can't go on like this. And design Strategies. The desk is tidied up and dusted in one afternoon, you make an appointment with your friends where you can look for a present together, and you first set your mobile phone to "silent" and put it on for the next two hours Corner. Now you have your head free and you can devote yourself to preparing for the class test. Where was the history book again ...?
The working steps of scientific research
A scientist will dedicate himself to very similar steps in dealing with his problem as you would in the preparation of your class test.
Every research work needs a aim. This means that it must be clear beforehand what exactly is to be researched, i.e. what the result of this work could be. In order to be able to deal with a complex question, a scientist has to be absolutely familiar with the fundamentals of the respective topic. He will therefore acquire these and research the current state of research so that he does not conduct research on a topic that another scientist may have already dealt with exhaustively. So he clears them up Starting position.
The scientist becomes no matter how you are Strategies design how he approaches the subject. Any research work will be Obstacles Stand in the way of very different kinds for which solutions have to be found. Successful scientists are characterized by the fact that they find the right solutions to complex research problems.
The following graphic summarizes the thought process of a scientist for you:
Take a close look at the graphic above. Where do you think problems could arise when dealing with your research topic? And what strategies can we find to remove these obstacles? Discuss with your neighbor at the bank.
The methods of scientific research
"The M [method] is a characteristic of the scientific process, and thus - pars pro toto [the part stands for the whole] - as a characteristic of the sciences themselves. The sciences are part of logic (in the broader sense) a methodology ( Methodology), which forms the most important part of the philosophy of science. "1)
We just highlighted the similarities between your home study and the work of a scientist. But there are crucial differences between your work and your scientific work. And this lies above all in the methodology, the approach to different topics.
As you heard in step 1, Plato separates the “world of the senses” and the “world of ideas”. Do you remember what the difference is? Exactly: sensory impressions are experienced individually, ideas arise through sensible and logical thinking. It is the same with the approach to an object.
If you see the new James Bond film in the cinema and tell your friends about it, you will above all else subjective Describe impressions that are not particularly ordered, but express how you like the film experienced has. But if you watch the film and keep a record of which camera settings have been chosen, how the background noise contributes to the overall picture of the film and from whose perspective the story is being told, it goes beyond mere retelling: Your report will be lens, because he follows a structured approach. The result of this is that you can, for example, compare the camera work of the James Bond film you have examined in detail with “Mission Impossible” and produce valid results.
This means: As Kuno Lorenz mentioned in the opening quote, the area of methodology cannot be separated from science, because methodology is, so to speak, science itself.
Form a group of around 4 people with others. Each group member will deal with one or two method fields. To…
- do you summarize what this method field is about,
- do your research on the internet further Examples in your method field (for example on Google Scholar and make a note of how and for what research is carried out in this specific example,
- you present your results to your group members and check whether their examples represent the respective research field well.
Now go to the website of the University of Erfurt and deal with your research fields. If you don't know what to do next, your teacher will definitely help you. I wish you success!
- Should laws conform to morality
- Changes what we do, how we perceive it
- Is Rovshan Janiev a hero
- How can nanotechnology improve the quality of life
- How does Kickstarter raise money for creators
- Why was Maximilien Robespierre overthrown
- How do polymorphic C ++ lambdas work
- What does hebetudinous mean
- What is the most embarrassing political incident in the US
- Content creators should be penalized for clickbait
- Why do Mormons baptize the dead
- What is Coal India MT Power Interruption
- What is the rule of conscience
- Physically what is sound
- There were poisonous dinosaurs
- What are some good coping skills
- What are the benefits of stevia extract
- How do I maintain a computer
- Which films have the best surprise endings
- What is the future of the banking system
- How much does a fart weigh
- Makes a person happy to control
- How many children does Heath Hitler have
- Which aquatic animal has 8 legs
- When should I contact someone by email?
- Will there ever be a different blood type
- Can you produce hydrogen with basalt?
- How do you ship a desktop computer
- What is your experience when singing Hanuman Chalisa
- Why is Nashik so underdeveloped
- What does parenting mean
- Who invented hybrid cars
- Are language and communication synonymous