Why is Tuktuk illegal in China 1
With new ones Regulations and severe penalties for taxi drivers who carry passengers without a license, the army has been taking rigorous action against illegal practices on the island for over a month. This is intended to steer the tourist development on the popular holiday island back on the right track.
The "tourist rip-off", especially for trips from the airport, is over.
“It's time to get the hustle and bustle Taxi and tuk-tuk mafia so that tourists regain their trust, ”said Trakul Jullanon, representative of a tour company. Over 50 representatives from resorts and tour companies had already raised the problem at an earlier meeting in the provincial hall and now turned to the military.
The junta has taken on the problem and has now introduced fines of up to 20,000 baht for illegal taxi drivers. By the end of June were already 115 illegal taxi drivers Arrested in one fell swoop by a large contingent of police officers and soldiers.
First in focus: the airport, the west coast, Thalang, Kata-Karon, Kamala and Cherng Talay. And the cleanup continues every day. over 1500 soldiers are for the entire "Phuket Clean-up" in action - this includes the demolition of illegal stalls on beaches and in national parks. Thai time will report on it separately.
From August 31st there is a maximum penalty
Taxi drivers still have time until the end of August to log into the Land & Transport Office of Phuket (PLTO) and register legally. "The penalty for an illegal taxi driver is two years' imprisonment and payment of 100,000 baht," said chairman Terayout Prasertphol. More and more metered taxis are now in use on Phuket. In the course of the month new tariffs, much cheaper tariffs, are to be introduced to be introduced.
Military measures at a glance
• All members of the "Taxi Mafia" are in custody, as is the mayor of Kata-Karon (who turned himself in because of his connection to the Mafia). Deposit payments were declined.
• Illegal road closures, for example in front of hotels and police stations, have been removed. Anyone who does not comply will be prosecuted.
• New, much cheaper tariffs will shortly be approved by the NCPO and introduced immediately.
• Legal taxis should be repainted and clearly marked with red and yellow stripes.
Request from the police
Major General Panya Mamen also addressed residents and tourists on Phuket via local media: “If you want to file a complaint, pay exorbitant prices or know anything about illegal business of taxi drivers, please contact us immediately. You can contact any police station ".
There is also a complaint tel: Call 1584.
All staff speak English. Please indicate the number of the tax, the date and the destination. Reported taxi drivers receive a summons for interrogation within 7 days.
Phuket Special (2) - East Coast:
Fruits of the sea in Laem Hin
Everyone knows Patong and the west coast of Phuket - the center for beautiful beaches, variety and entertainment. Large parts of the east coast, on the other hand, are almost untouched by tourism. Authentic,…more
Phuket Special (1):
Mecca for discerning connoisseurs
Most of the islands can be reduced to a common denominator: exotic paradise, crystal clear water, rustling palm trees. The superlatives are usually the same - but Phuket has more to offer. In our…more
Layan Beach & Sirinath National Park
Phuket is by no means just made up of Patong or Phuket Town. THAIZEIT set out to discover the pristine side of the island and ended in the northwest. Where the beach is almost deserted ...more
- Can charge a car battery overnight
- Which sentence deserves Michael Flynn
- Why is kabaddi not an Olympic sport
- What is your taekwondo regime
- How bad can sleep deprivation get
- Which languages do you like best
- Why am I bad at English analysis
- Who is the Queen of Kenya
- Does God really have his own country
- What do stars mean in Masonic symbolism
- Every couple should have a child
- At NASA, what vehicle systems visit
- Draupadi has forgiven her men
- Corruption is only associated with money
- What are the legal implications of foreclosure
- Who needs logistics services
- Has anyone played the saxophone in front of the jazz?
- Why are young trees planted with stakes
- What is a company 10
- How do DEVGRU and Delta differ
- How do we build knowledge from information
- Which is better Clarifai or MetaMind
- What are Bluetooth Low Energy BLE Devices
- Is Rovshan Janiev a hero