Does Merebel have a website
Meribel Ski Area
Ski vacation in the Méribel ski area
Méribel is located in the center of the Trois Vallées between the Valleys of Courchevel and Val Thorens. This makes Méribel and its twin town Mottaret, which is a little higher up, the perfect starting point to explore the three valleys, after all, the railways go up on both sides and allow a quick change to the other valleys.
But the Méribel and Mottaret ski areas also have a lot to offer. Endless descents and fantastic views, an altitude of 1300-3230m, 85% of the ski area are above 1800m, lifts open up 25 peaks, ten of which are higher than 2500m. In total, the ski region of Les 3 Vallèes offers an area of 105 km2, 334 pistes with a length of 600 km, 2300 snow cannons, 43 fun slopes and snow parks, 166 lifts - it is the largest in the world!
A day of skiing in Méribel
We start our day of skiing in Méribel. The Saulire Express takes you non-stop over 1000 meters higher to the Saulire at 2700m. From here we are spoiled for choice. Either we continue straight into the Courchevel valley or we take one of the excellent valley runs. We decide on the second variant, after all, the slopes are in the best condition in the morning. So it goes for us non-stop to Mottaret. There the Pas du Lac gondola brings us back to the Saulire, from where we tackle the next long valley run towards Méribel.
Next we go to Méribel's other side and head towards the Olympic chairlift. The cable car is located at the very edge of the ski area and is therefore not very busy. All the better for us - so we have the fantastic descents all to ourselves. Next up are the slopes on the second section of the Tougnete. Here too - one more beautiful than the other. Both slope areas are never heavily frequented because they are off the main connecting routes - if you want to be a little undisturbed, you will feel most at home here. Only around 10 a.m. does it get a bit full at the Tougnet 2 chairlift, as many use the lift as a connection to Les Menuires and Val Thorens. Here it is necessary to evade accordingly.
Our route then takes us via the Plattiers gondola to the rear of the Méribel valley towards Mont Vallon. The 2952m high mountain is isolated from the rest of the ski area and is accessed by a long gondola lift. The subsequent descents are another highlight of the Trois Vallées, as they both lead through unobstructed high alpine terrain.
Connections to Val Thorens, Les Menuires and Courchevel
With a quick look at the ski map, it quickly becomes clear that there are a lot of connections in the valley of Val Thorens. However, it should be emphasized that only one of the six crossings leads directly to Val Thorens - the others lead to Les Menuires or St. Martin de Belleville. Only at the Col de la Chambre (at the very back of the Méribel Valley) do the slopes lead to the highest ski resort in the Alps. On the other hand, the situation is a bit clearer: You can reach Courchevel either via the heavily frequented Saulire, or a little more comfortably via the Col de la Loze.
- What is your experience with wikis?
- Who is the furthest anime character
- Is happiness more of a physiological matter
- Have reservations about your government
- What can the school not teach me
- Are ants a type of beetle
- What is the standard thickness of steel
- What are the Mongols famous for
- Did Jesus foretell cruel endings for his youth?
- Is Virat Kohli overly aggressive?
- Which song helped you through clinical depression?
- What's missing in Las Vegas
- Does someone bother BigLaw
- What are some delicious diuretic fruits
- Intermittent fasting causes ketosis
- What is 9 divided by 12?
- What are some innovations in the organizational structure
- Why do I have terrible skin
- What motivates a person
- Why do ICs use less power
- Why does carbonic acid affect the taste of soda
- What happened before the big bang
- Are Newton's laws wrong
- Who are the more impressive fighter pilots