Can cyclothymia be cured
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
However different a bipolar disorder may be from patient to patient, it always runs in phases or episodes in which a certain mood prevails (manic or depressive). The individual phases often come and go at irregular intervals. On average, the depressive phases last about four to twelve months without treatment, the manic phases are significantly shorter. Occasionally, manic or depressive episodes merge or even occur at the same time (mixed phase). Between the acute episodes of illness there are more or less long periods of time, depending on the course, in which the affected person has no symptoms whatsoever. Suicide attempts and suicides almost always occur during or immediately after depressive or mixed phases.
Psychotic symptoms such as delusions indicate an unfavorable course of the bipolar illness: those affected suffer two to three times more relapses than bipolar patients without psychotic symptoms and about two thirds develop psychotic signs again with the next mania. In the case of rapid cycling, the long-term prognosis is often poor, as the unstable mood often persists between the phases. Those affected therefore have severe problems coping with everyday life. Most patients with bipolar disease regain their quality of life with individually tailored therapy.
- What is the weirdest website you came across
- Can we check how beautiful the Koran is
- What is the full form of SPSC
- Machines made us lazy
- Does a psychiatrist's bias influence the diagnosis
- You Can Have Crohn's Disease Without Diarrhea
- Why are motorcycles made so quickly
- What is KGR in SEO
- Should the New York family be separated
- If HCL TSS falls under HCL TECHNOLOGIES
- What fruits go well with blueberries
- Should the acronym LGBT change to LGBTT?
- Should the reservation system be removed
- What are the properties of a solvent
- What is the first stage of AIDS
- What is two fifths divided by one tenth
- How good are Hozier's songs
- What is a native app example
- What's Now The Best Selling Book In America
- What's your favorite kool aid
- What is asthma in adults
- Why drivers warn of speed cameras
- Have you ever destroyed your school?
- What is 2 12 10 2
- What is the future of Yono
- Will there ever be an even distribution of wealth?
- Why are Riedel glasses so expensive
- What does it mean to hug the sucking
- Is there a delay in eBay bids
- What do I have to consider with regard to pension provision
- Which motorcycle company is famous in India
- How should computer engineers think
- How does nuclear energy transport