How did Nick Offerman get into woodworking?
The one which binds together has always been special across cultures. Wood joinery has also evolved across various schools of woodworking in their unique ways. For example, in Japanese joinery, the whole wooden house was built on the strength of joinery. Joinery is used for both connecting the wood and also enhancing the aesthetics of the final product.
Back in the days when I was starting with Wood Craft, I was desperately looking for thego-to guide about the processes and the tools involved.
Woodworking is a vast subject with many branches or verticals of this craft like Cabinet Making, Wood Carving,Joinery, Carpentry, and Woodturning.
The online content was information overload and not presented in a sequential manner. The books I referred were eitherfocused on a few processes or assumed that I had the necessary information. Also, I found that most of the books were a littleaged.
There are two ways of learning; one is learning from subject matter experts who have years of experience, and then there are people who are just a few steps ahead of you in their journey.
I am the second one, five years into this hobby, and still learning from the experts.
I still remember the initial doubts I had and the tips which helped me.
This book comes afterWoodworking for Beginners Handbook, and it focuses entirely on the joinery process. This book is for people who are in their first lap (0-3 years) of the wood-crafting journey and want to have a holistic idea of methods, tools and need help in their initial projects.
I have includedample photographs of realistic projects of beginners explaining the process and standard operating procedure while starting.
In the last chapter, I have provided a glossary of joinery terms and tips for beginners.
Below is the flow of the information provided in the book:
Introduction to Joinery
Joinery tools: Type of tools and how to use them
Detailed discussion on 15 types of joinery: advantage, disadvantage, strength, usage etc.
Japanese Joinery: Introduction, types, pros, cons, and application
CNC woodjoinery: Introduction, various kinds of CNC joinery,
Five starter joinery projects with step by step instructions
Glossary of joinery terms
Tips for beginners
- Just massaging your nose can do it
- Why do spider bites itch
- Kindness can get cool
- Why do we sleep in the afternoon
- Do fly-eating plants really work?
- Robots will replace cardiac surgeons
- Is J Hope from BTS gay
- What questions mathematicians hate
- When did the first civilization begin?
- What were the earlier forms of shoes
- What is a hedgehog
- Which website should all startups know?
- How does 4 6 7 3 6
- What do skeptics think of The Secret
- Are bottle system closed
- What is love you 3000
- Which operating system will Android replace
- How can I understand infinity
- How do you set personal career goals
- Which curriculum does the international school follow
- Has video game technology hit a plateau?
- Is there an area in BA
- Which countries had democratic governments in 1775?
- How are the laws in Hungary