What is the MiG 29
MiG-29 G fighter aircraft (Bundeswehr aircraft identification: 29 + 03)
Objects in relation to ...
Objects to keywords ...
The MiG-29 is an interceptor that was produced by the Soviet Union at the end of the Cold War as a counterpart to the American F-16.
After German reunification, it was the only fighter aircraft of the National People's Army of the GDR that was taken over by the Bundeswehr air force in the long term. The 24 machines were initially tested in the MiG-29 (Preschen) test squadron and flown from 1994 by the 73 "Steinhoff" fighter squadron in Rostock-Laage. The machines served as an alarm riot during air policing and as a training opponent for NATO partners. In 2003/2004, 22 of the aircraft that had meanwhile been converted to NATO standards were handed over to Poland. One machine (29 + 09) was lost in an aircraft accident on June 25th, 1996.
The machine exhibited here with the ID 29 + 03 (NVA ID 615) was decommissioned in 2004 in JG 73 and, after a phase of spare parts production, handed over to the Air Force Museum in Berlin-Gatow in 2006. All machines to be transferred to Poland were given the name of their last German pilot - unlike in the USA, a procedure that is unusual in Germany. Soldiers of the squadron have put the name "OTL Michael‚ Micha ’Wegerich" on the cockpit of this machine. Lieutenant Colonel Wegerich is a former NVA pilot who was accepted into the German Armed Forces and who, among other things, flew this machine until 1993.
Material / technology
Light metals (especially duralumin), steel, and much more.
Height: 4.70 m, length: 17.32 m, span: 11.36 m
Relation to persons or corporations
[Status of information:]
Notes on usage and citation
Any form of commercial use of text or image information requires consultation with the museum.
- Is self-taught a myth
- Which jazz records do you own?
- What is the ancient civilization
- What is 1 divided by 66?
- Religious alchemy mingles
- What are the translation theories
- What purpose does hate serve
- What are isolation relays
- Which Speedcube should I buy
- Why do alcoholics like the dark
- Why is Pulsar the best selling bike
- Are the alpha generations raised among overprotective parents?
- What are the benefits of dyslexia
- Why is physical activity important in school?
- Is Shri Krishna the Supreme Lord
- Why are bacteria classified under plants
- The bankruptcy stops a subpoena
- What species did humans evolve from?
- What are the uses of EV
- Why do many websites use relative timestamps?
- How are flotation tanks therapeutic
- There are coding widgets
- Who has dealt with the Arbonne company?