How important is an advertising plan
What should you consider when creating an advertising plan?Reading time: 3 minutes
Advertising planning as a part of marketing
As a rule, all companies advertise. If these advertising measures are carried out in a coordinated manner and specific goals are to be achieved, this is called advertising planning, which is part of marketing. It precedes the implementation of the advertising and the advertising success control.
Advertising planning is the cornerstone of successful marketing. If important factors are not taken into account or not taken into account to a sufficient extent in the context of advertising planning, the actual advertising does not lead to success.
Question no. 1: Which corporate goals should be achieved through the advertising measures?
Advertising cannot be an end in itself. Rather, should go through
the individual advertising measures achieve specific corporate goals
become. The following points are examples of such corporate goals
- increasing the awareness of a company
- the increase in the turnover of a company in a certain segment
- the increase of a company's market share in a given segment
- improving the image of a company
Depending on which company goals you are pursuing, the use of different measures can be useful. While increasing the level of awareness of a company does not necessarily focus on individual products, increasing sales in a certain segment requires individual goods to be specially advertised.
Question no. 2: Which people or groups of people should the advertising address?
As a rule, what a company has to offer is not aimed at all consumers. Rather, a company tries to address specific consumers with its products or services. The interests of these differ. For this reason, a target group-oriented approach should take place in the context of advertising. So that this succeeds, the potential customers have to be sorted into different target groups. Consumers can be distinguished as follows.
- Age (children, adolescents, young adults, older adults, seniors)
- Gender (men, women)
- Marital status (singles, couples, couples with children, single parents)
- Profession and level of education (blue-collar and white-collar workers, self-employed, academics)
- Earnings (low earners, high earners, high earners)
A special customer approach and the use of different advertising media or advertising media can be useful for each target group. Therefore, as a company, depending on the desired target group, you should, for example, choose a suitable magazine for placing an advertisement. For example, while a fashion magazine may be the right choice for an advertising campaign for young women, a company that wants to target academics should rather publish the ads in specialist magazines.
Question # 3: What budget does the company make available to the marketing department for advertising?
As a rule, companies can only provide a certain budget for an advertising campaign. For this reason, the budget issue should be considered when planning advertising. Only when it is clear how much money is available for an advertising campaign is it possible to plan the use of advertising media and materials.
Question no. 4: Which advertising media and means of advertising should be used in the context of advertising?
There are numerous advertising media and means of advertising available to companies. Examples for this are:
- Placement of an advertisement in a local, regional and national daily newspaper
- Insert a supplement in a local, regional and national weekly or Sunday magazine
- Placement of an advertisement in a local or regional advertising paper
- Placement of an advertisement in a general-interest or specialist magazine
- Broadcasting a radio commercial on the radio
- Broadcasting a TV commercial
- Installation of outdoor advertising in a stadium
- Placing a neon sign on the company premises
- Distribution of promotional gifts at trade fairs
- Sending sales letters to potential buyers
Depending on the size of the budget, the use of different advertising media and advertising media can be combined in a sensible way. However, it is essential to ensure that all advertising media and media are used in a target-oriented and appropriate manner. Advertising for an end in itself does not make sense.
Question No. 5: When does the advertising campaign start and who is responsible for carrying out the advertising measures?
For a successful advertising campaign, it is imperative that specific measures are defined as part of the advertising planning. It is necessary that time-related aspects are agreed as part of this planning. It must be recorded when an advertising campaign is to be started and for how long the campaign will last. A concrete start and end date must therefore be determined. When planning the advertising, it must also be determined who is responsible for the implementation of the individual measures.
As a rule, the responsibility for carrying out the various advertising measures does not lie with a single person. Usually different people share responsibility. For example, it is conceivable that one person is responsible for creating the advertising letters, a second person for placing advertisements in the print media and a third person for outdoor advertising on the company premises and in the stadium.
In principle, the responsibility for the implementation of advertising measures can be shared. However, it is important that a person responsible is assigned to each individual measure.
Question No. 6: How and by whom should the success of an advertising campaign be controlled?
Advertising it is expensive. For this reason, advertising must not fail to have an impact. Rather, it is necessary that certain corporate goals are achieved through the individual advertising measures. As part of the advertising success control, following an advertising campaign, it is checked whether the company has succeeded in getting closer to its corporate goals through the advertising measures.
In many cases it is necessary to compare key figures with one another as part of an advertising success control. For this reason, it should already be determined in the context of the advertising planning in which form an advertising success control can be carried out later. Persons responsible for this should be named in advance. These must already record key figures, such as the level of awareness of a company, before an advertising campaign is carried out.
PS: Quality management is important to us!
Please let us know how you like our post. To do this, click on the asterisks shown below (5 asterisks = very good):
PPS: Did you particularly like the article?
Support our advisor portal:
- Who produced the Avengers endgame
- Which dua should be made in Sujood
- Teaching is the same as thinking
- Do you have a very curious child
- Where are the best investments made
- Is radish good for the acid
- Can this logo be protected by copyright 2
- 36 is a perfect number
- What is the value of 1001 pi
- What is taffeta made of
- What is a fruit salad plant
- What is Healthureum
- What is a professional website
- Are there unsafe areas in Dushanbe, Tajikistan
- Who invented the Filipino spaghetti
- What are glial cells
- Why do we use shampoo
- What is a WISP mode in routers
- People go out with people
- What is a mainstream medium
- How did real country music develop?
- Hawaii is hot
- Why do women wear cheeky pants?
- Is Casablanca a good movie