Please delete it 2
Delete Windows 10 users: How to remove unwanted users
Table of Contents
The Windows 10 operating system from Microsoft offers the possibility that several people can share a computer with the help of different user accounts. If a user or his user account is no longer required, you can delete the user.
Deleting a user account: the most important things at a glance
- The active user account, i.e. the one with which you are currently logged in, cannot be deleted. Sign in with an account that you do not want to be deleted.
- The account with which you want to delete the user must have admin rights. Otherwise the user account cannot be deleted.
- Attention: ALL settings and data that are saved on the deleted user account will be irrevocably deleted! Back up if necessary before all necessary data.
How do you delete a user account in Windows 10?
It only takes a few steps to delete users in Windows 10. However, the prerequisite for deleting user accounts is that you log in with a user account that has administrator rights.
Proceed as follows:
- Open the Control Panel. The easiest way to reach this is via the Windows search in the taskbar.
- Now select the menu item “User Accounts”. Here you will find all the settings for managing user accounts.
- Now click on "Change account type".
- You will now see all the user accounts registered on this PC. Select the one you want to remove.
- Next to the profile picture you will find the option to delete the account.
- You will now be asked whether the data in the allocated memory should be deleted or whether the person concerned would like to keep them.
- At this point at the latest you should make a backup.
- Finally, confirm with "Delete account and data" in the blue pop-up window.
- Note: This step will be all Settings and data irrevocable away!
Note: Depending on the installed Windows version (update status), individual names may differ slightly. However, the process is always the same.
How can I delete the administrator?
You can delete an administrator account exactly as described above. It is important, however, that you cannot delete the account you are currently using and that you also have to be an administrator to delete an administrator account.
In short, you can only delete the administrator account if there are two such accounts and at least one remains.
If you want to delete the active administrator account, you must first create a new administrator account.
Contact us now free of charge and without obligation - our team of experts will be happy to help you competently at any time.
You can reach us by phone Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 24/7 by email or using our contact form.
Do you like the article? Share it on Facebook!
- What is the Pawan Hans website
- How do you describe someone negatively
- Which religion claims the most miracles
- Who is a teacher at the Unacademy
- Why do developer groups still use IRC
- How do I master German genders
- Why can't science still explain emotionally
- What can I do for the holidays
- Are there sharks in the Mediterranean
- Leo men come back
- What is Sudo or Su
- How do I create an online IDE
- Why shouldn't you remove a ball?
- Can a Chrome extension access the OSX keychain
- How to freeze rhubarb
- What time does medieval music originate from?
- How can I do an astro projection
- It is mandatory to be successful in life
- Can I change my phone's Mac address?
- Is Milya really a Russian name
- How do I overcome boredom in poker
- Can someone use morse code today
- Web design with a bachelor's degree in computer science
- What does good complicated complicated?
- Why do atheists brush their teeth
- What are some good coping skills
- Monocotyledonous plants are all hypogenic
- Is it possible to change a gas lighter?
- Do animals taste their food
- Why are ISFJ protectors called
- What is self-promotion
- Would you pray for an atheist
- Vietnam is a nation of scum
- What are some good shows like shameless