How do you like Tucson so far
The Hyundai Tucson is now avant-garde
Hyundai is relaunching the Tucson - and turning its best-selling SUV into a real design piece.
Hyundai has sold over 7 million Tucson cars worldwide in the last 16 years - that makes the model named after a city in the US state of Arizona the most successful SUV of the Koreans. So it would be obvious that those responsible for design should keep their feet still when it comes to a new edition so as not to alienate customers. But the opposite is the case: With the fourth Tucson, Hyundai is bringing a sensational design piece onto the market that has little in common with its predecessor.
Whether you find the new Hyundai Tucson excitingly futuristic or simply over-designed - its design leaves no one indifferent. Particularly noticeable are the daytime running lights, which look like angel wings in five tapered surfaces and give the SUV a look that you won't see anywhere else on the road. The rear end is a little less avant-garde, but still an eye-catcher with a continuous LED strip and dynamically jagged people.
The interior is also worth seeing. The top version Vertex from 51,000 francs (base price from 31,400 francs) appeals with high-quality materials, a simple, elegant design and modern features. Seat heating and ventilation, a heated steering wheel and a 360-degree all-round camera are nowadays already a good thing for Koreans. There is also a fully digital cockpit with a wide 10.25-inch screen behind the steering wheel and an equally large monitor above the center console for the infotainment system. A long list of assistance systems, from the emergency braking system with pedestrian and cyclist detection to the lane following assistant including navigation-based cruise control, rounds off the equipment package - some high-price brands from Germany look old in comparison.
Pleasant SUV with plenty of space
A 1.6-liter turbo gasoline engine, either as a mild hybrid with 150 or 180 hp or as a hybrid with 230 hp, and a 1.6-liter turbodiesel mild hybrid with 136 hp provide propulsion. The 150 hp entry-level variant is only available with front-wheel drive, all other variants are also available with all-wheel drive. The new Tucson is very smooth and pleasant to drive, offers a high level of driving comfort and, thanks to its direct handling, is fun even in curves. All in all, the new generation of models is an all-round success - whether you like the extravagant design or not is, as always, a matter of taste.
How do you like the new Tucson? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
- What is the value of 133
- Like many companies, Donald Trump went bankrupt
- Are boring jobs bad for our health?
- What is anthropogenic global warming
- Are earth sciences and geology the same
- What is Stephen Hawking's most important work
- How good are the JBL E25BT
- Why was I turned down for an internship?
- What does the RSS manual say about Muslims
- Windows 7 still receiving updates
- What made Imgur popular
- Why do you support the Brazilian football team
- Can run ducks
- What is a BSc in Biology Group
- What are some lesser known WhatsApp tricks
- You can have lupus without a rash
- When will parents realize that times are changing
- Sell smartphone videos as stock footage
- When will Hurricane Florence be over?
- Where was the first recorded volcanic eruption
- What is the most underrated clash song
- Is China an apostilled country?
- What are your follower demographics
- How could impeachment affect the 2020 elections?