What happened to Google Scholar
What is Google Scholar? Easily explained
Google Scholar is a search engine for academic texts. Google Scholar lists what remains hidden behind payment barriers in normal Google searches and guides you to the relevant publishers. We explain the advantages of Google Scholar and how the search engine works.
Google Scholar - search engine for academic texts
Google Scholar is special software for searching scientific literature. This is intended to make it easier for academics to access various sources.
- For example, asking for a specific topic searches works, quotes, and summaries. Books or other sources can then be viewed.
- The search for specific research areas can also be configured. The articles are sorted by Google according to relevance and then presented according to a ranking system that is similar to web search.
- Sources include doctoral, seminar or diploma theses as well as books or sources from academic publishers or universities.
Publisher and Google Scholar
Google Scholar is not only relevant for students or scientists. The platform also plays a role for publishers.
- Google Scholar works with academic publishers, for example, to index certain works and implement them in Google Scholar's research.
- The basic goal of Google Scholar is to present information from the Internet, which is actually only displayed after a registration and is available for a fee, in a search engine.
- There is a wide range of literature on offer: there are free and paid works.
Video: Google Drive - what is it?
Check out this video to learn what Google Drive is.
In our next practical tip you will learn more about alternatives to Google Scholar.
- Can you define yourself in two words
- How does suppression affect people emotionally?
- How do I choose the ventilation device
- What are flight simulators
- How is it that DC is bad
- What are the main performance indicators 1
- Right wrist pain from the use of computer mouse
- Parenthood How do I strengthen my daughter
- What is the secret behind Hindu mythology
- Why is talc used in generic drugs
- What is copper iodide
- How can I change my avatar?
- What is the full form of GAP
- What happens when you register in BITS Pilani
- Which is better ECE or mechanical engineering
- What makes children run in circles
- How was Agastya Muni born
- Is Virat Kohli overly aggressive?
- Which train goes to the Bronx Zoo
- Which is the greedy face of society
- Why are we exploring more on Mars
- Must match bedroom furniture
- What drives people to found societies?
- Where can Mega NZ files be downloaded
- Can a subreddit ban your IP
- How much does child support cost in Florida
- What do you think of power
- Are freshwater crocodiles dangerous
- What does summer remind you of?
- Why does my jock itch keep coming back
- E-mail is unimportant these days
- Why are speed limits bad
- How do video games help you focus
- How do I hack with key loggers