Why does PewDiePie stop playing video games
Instructions on how to change a faucet or repair a bicycle tire are an important part of the YouTube world. The hobby experts do not achieve large numbers of clicks. The situation is different when it comes to help with the latest video games: According to the data portal Social Blade, the YouTuber Pewdiepie has become the first individual to exceed the 100 million subscriber mark with his channel.
Pewdiepie comes from Sweden and is called Felix Kjellberg. In December 2006 he started filming himself playing video games and posting the highlights and comments online. Initially under the name Pewdie, which is made up of the sound of a jet gun and the English word for "die!" (Later pie was added for cake). He presents fighting, conquest and horror games such as Amnesia or Minecraft, which is why the 29-year-old is a celebrity, especially with boys.
People like Pewdiepie play a central role in marketing the increasingly sophisticated games for consoles and smartphones. A lucrative livelihood for Kjellberg, for which he threw a degree in technology management in Gothenburg in 2011. According to estimates, the newlywed to the Italian fashion designer Marzia Bisognin currently earns around 2.1 million euros per month with his channel.
Thanks to his success, he is increasingly presenting himself there and trying his hand at comedy. Jokes that can be perceived as anti-Semitic aroused criticism just as much as racist remarks - for example when he called a game opponent a "nigger". He himself says apologetically that he is stupid and immature. Parts of his fan base who love his cheeky manner do not believe this: The Christchurch assassin used the slogan "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" in the live video of his attacks on two mosques - the title of an aggressive campaign to increase subscriber numbers. It was only weeks later that Kjellberg stopped this. All the more problematic that he is one of the 100 most influential pioneers in the world (»Time Magazine«).
nd journalism from the left thrives on the commitment of its readers
In view of the experience of the corona pandemic, we have decided to make our journalism permanently freely accessible on our website and thus make it available to everyone who is interested.
As with our print and epaper editions, our work as an author, editor, technician or publishing employee is reflected in every published article. It is what makes this journalism possible.
Volunteer now with just a few clicks!
- The music of the 90s is coming back
- How to borrow $ 1 million
- What is the correct pronunciation of Sirius
- What problems can a torque converter cause
- What makes a good web framework
- What is a barrel stand
- Why are credit unions so risky
- What autoimmune disease causes itchy scalp
- How do exhaust systems increase performance
- Why do stars shine brighter than others
- Why does Sadiq Khan support gay marriages
- How is curved glass made
- How do I add two complex numbers
- Are ants a type of beetle
- What is your Apple Watch layout like
- Should India Help Pakistan Eradicate Polio?
- Why does carbonic acid affect the taste of soda
- What kind of server operating system are there
- How old is your sister
- The Lord rejoices in the burnt offering
- Which objects are the same and different
- At what temperature can you lay new masonry
- What types of compression molding are there
- How should I download videos from WND