What are the benefits of eating drumsticks
The fruits of the horseradish or horse radish tree are 15 to 120 cm long, look like drumsticks and are almost as hard - which is why they are used in English-speaking countries Drum sticks to be named. The vegetable does not have a German name. The horse radish tree originally comes from the Himalayan region, but is now found worldwide in the tropics and subtropics - there are also some specimens on Santa Lemusa.
Character & use
The horse radish tree belongs to the moringa family, which consists of only one genus, after which it was named. The leaves, the seeds (for oil), the roots (for medicinal purposes) and, above all, the fruits of this multipurpose tree can be used. The leaves are often prepared like spinach - with lentils or potatoes, for example. Very young, unripe fruits can be cooked like beans - they are harvested 40 days after flowering. In the trade you can usually find somewhat older specimens, the delicate interior of which is surrounded by a tough, woody-fibrous shell that cannot be cooked softly. You can peel these fruits - but the fine flesh inside then disintegrates when cooked. The drumsticks are often cut into pieces around 2 cm long and cooked in sambars or other vegetable dishes. When eating, however, you have to spit out the hard fibers, which is not exactly elegant with a lot of sauce.
The drumsticks have their very own, full and slightly bitter taste that is a little reminiscent of artichoke, almost even more of asparagus and also a bit of avocado. Because of this delicate aroma, our favorite method of preparation is also very easy: You wash the fruit and cut it into pieces about 3 cm long. Then you boil some water with a little salt and let the drumsticks cook in it for five minutes (the fruits naturally have a high salt content, which is why, depending on your taste, you can do without salt in the cooking water). Drain and consume immediately. Of course, you only eat the inner, soft-boiled meat - for example, by opening the fruit with your fingers or teeth and then peeling off the inside with your teeth, similar to artichokes. You can add a little lemon to the drumsticks - but actually they taste best on their own. We prefer to serve it with a glass of white wine as an aperitif.
Systematics & other names
Family:Moringaceae (Moringa plants or Bennuss plants)
German:Horseradish tree, horse radish tree
English: horse radish tree
First Publication: 2-2008
Modifications: 3-3-2009, 3-10-2011
- Is Cadence an open source software
- What do you mean by intermediate science
- Why do people make dangerous walks
- What does NCU mean in hospitals
- What are recurring neural network algorithms
- What is the best game system
- Can a person learn to drive success
- Is depression selfish
- What is it like to live with a narcissist
- Are there harmful ingredients in sunscreen?
- Where can I buy modern furniture
- Why we should lead a simple life
- What does Martin Garrix have
- How can I download videos from WLWT
- What are SEO and SEM in detail
- Girls enjoy sex with their partners
- Why I can't talk to people
- How should I prepare for RD Sharma?
- Why is the big pterosaur called Quetzalcoatlus
- Why do I need to save receipts
- Is it necessary to do black box tests
- Who sang the song Angel in 1987
- What is the Christian view of clairvoyant
- Which beam has the maximum penetrating power?
- What properties do all plants have in common?
- How common is a real gluten allergy
- How do I get deta
- What is the loss of proprioception
- Should we fully rely on renewable energies
- What are the course fees for CATIA
- What is tunnel logging
- How do you calculate your golf handicap
- How big is 24 square meters
- What is a non-compete agreement