Really liked Elaine George and Kramer
1995 (Cable 1); 1998-2000 (Pro Sieben). 180 pcs. US sitcom by Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David ("Seinfeld"; 1990–1998).
Jerry Seinfeld (Jerry Seinfeld) and George Costanza (Jason Alexander) are best friends. Jerry is a comedian, George is ... well, nothing really. He occasionally has a job, but often none, which causes a lack of money. Neighbor Kramer (Michael Richards) goes in and out of Jerry's apartment and usually suddenly rushes through the door (which is apparently always open) with a lively appearance. He doesn't have a job either, but he always has completely absurd ideas on how to get money. It seldom works, but apparently he lives quite well. From what cannot be fathomed.
Jerry's ex-girlfriend Elaine Benes (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) also spends a lot of time with the three men. Everyone helps themselves from Jerry's refrigerator without asking. Together they argue about trivialities in everyday life and philosophize about trivialities (“Why are fish so thin?” - “Because they only eat fish”). The four friends are completely unable to relate and are therefore never in a relationship for a long time. There is always a reason for separation. Someone speaks too softly, laughs strangely, likes the wrong commercials, has too big hands, eats peas one by one or, in the worst case, is liked by the parents.
Only George almost gets married once. But then his future wife dies of adhesive poisoning because she licked off particularly cheap envelopes (which stingy George insisted on buying) in which the invitation cards for the wedding were to be sent. There is no grief, any more than any other contemplative moment is ever part of the series. Everyone is next to himself, and for a dollar he would betray and sell everyone. The postman Newman (Wayne Knight) annoys Jerry with his occasional presence. Both hate each other dearly. Newman sometimes hatches crazy ideas with Kramer.
His field was one of the most successful sitcoms of all time and shaped the 90s like no other. She set standards that countless sitcoms were based on. The idea of neither using a particular starting constellation nor necessarily an excessive plot (the episodes had titles such as “Die Parklücke”, “Die Wohnungskey” or “The Wurstschneidmaschine”) was often copied, as was the fast narrative style. Seinfeld himself described his series as "The Show About Nothing". Hardly any other show featured so much nothing that was so ruthlessly funny. It was refreshing to watch this socially incompetent bunch, who had absolutely no respect for other people, go through their neuroses. In the first few seasons, the episodes began and ended with excerpts from Seinfeld's appearances as a comedian, in which he joked about topics that were featured in the accompanying episode. Sometimes Pro Sieben even showed these scenes.
Thanks to his sitcom, Jerry Seinfeld became the highest paid person in America with an annual income of 480 million DM at that time, or a good 245 million € today. In Germany, the series was not a mass success despite multiple attempts on various broadcasting slots, including the evening before on Pro Sieben. After 64 episodes it disappeared from Kabel 1's program, the rest later ran on Pro Sieben. On Mondays around midnight, the series achieved acceptable market shares and ran there including repetitions for several years.
- Magic Kingdom is bigger than Disneyland
- How was radiation therapy originally discovered
- What is Disaster Recovery Planning
- Is twenty-one pilots for teenage children
- How Enterprise Application works
- You may be allergic to anything
- Will VR change education?
- What is the best subtle ringtone
- What only a pet knows
- Frankincense is a good business worldwide
- Should I drop the engineering?
- Why cloud storage is dangerous
- What kind of content does VICE magazine publish
- What is the desired Hindi word
- How do ads sell us a lifestyle?
- Is Hitler a criminal
- Is the civil engineering good
- Who is better Blackpink or 2NE1
- How is mythology relevant today
- Can i eat my cat
- How do you see a sign of pregnancy
- Freezing batteries helps them last longer
- What do you know about BTCMANAGER
- What is the scope of the static variable
- What's wrong with JC Penney
- What is Template Website Design Services
- Why is Chipotle hot
- How big is Bowser
- How can I choose the right hotel
- Why is HF a good oxidizer
- How safe is Surrey B.
- How can mediocrity be overcome
- Italy will invade the Vatican and San Marino
- Is kindergarten before LKG necessary