When will the ripple increase
Smoothing and sieving
The rectifier circuit creates a strongly pulsating DC voltage. A capacitor is used to smooth this voltage. Most often an electrolytic capacitor with a high capacity. The voltage pulsation is largely prevented by this capacitor. The capacitor is called charging capacitor C.L. designated. One also speaks of capacitive loading.
Note: One should take into account that a single large electrolytic capacitor makes little sense. It is better to distribute the capacitance between two or more electrolytic capacitors. One capacitor should be connected to the bridge rectifier with the shortest possible conduction path and the other capacitor as close as possible to the consumer.
During the time the voltage rises, the capacitor charges up. The capacitor bridges the voltage gap between the half-waves.
The greater the capacitance of the capacitor, the better the smoothing.
The capacitance cannot be chosen arbitrarily high, since otherwise the high charging current of the capacitor would destroy the rectifier diodes.
The residual ripple of the smoothed alternating voltage is called ripple voltage. The ripple voltage UHum is the alternating voltage component of the smoothed alternating voltage. The ripple voltage is a measurable quantity that can be displayed with an oscilloscope.
The ripple voltage depends on
- the capacity of the charging capacitor C.L..
- the time (frequency) with which the charging capacitor is charged.
- the size of the load / current consumption.
The ripple voltage is the smaller, the more
- larger the capacity of the charging capacitor C.L. is.
- greater the load resistance RL. or smaller the load current I.L. is by the load resistance.
- greater the frequency of the ripple voltage UHum is.
Filter circuits / filter elements
The ripple voltage can be reduced with additional filter elements. Sieve and filter circuits should reduce the ripple voltage (alternating voltage component of a smoothed alternating voltage) as much as possible without significantly increasing the internal resistance of the entire circuit.
RC filter element
Through the resistance RS. and the second capacitor CS. the voltage fluctuations behind the charging capacitor C.L. even more balanced.
At higher currents, R arises at the resistors too great a voltage drop. It is better to use an LC filter element here.
LC sieve element
The LC sieving is due to the low coil resistance RKitchen sink very advantageous, but is used less often because of the size and weight of the reel.
Other related topics:
Electronics simple and easy to understand
The electronics primer is a book about the basics of electronics, components, circuit technology and digital technology.
I want that!
Experience electronics with the "Starter Edition" electronics set
Perfect for beginners and newcomers
- Entry into electronics without prior knowledge
- Quick understanding of components and circuit symbols
- Experiment without a soldering iron: just insert components
More informationOrder the electronics set now
- What is a bot in online dating
- What is clairvoyance
- Do I need CALS for Windows Server
- What do I have to consider with regard to pension provision
- Musicians think differently from other people
- Transfer engineering school how to prepare
- How can I get my Instagram url
- What's your ideal day in high school
- Which letter is mute in the pseudocode
- How do I install Nutils
- Are parents stressful
- How can sales communication be effective
- Are Kurdish Christians ethnically Kurdish
- What kind of money do YouTubers get
- Are you financially beyond your means
- Where can I get MCQs for CPWD
- What shopping malls are there in Syracuse, NY
- How much battery does the iPhone 11 have
- How was North America discovered
- How is the casino business in Africa
- What are the cons of a child prodigy
- Is TV digital media
- Can you get up from vaping
- Who invented hybrid cars
- Can epigenetic research treat cancer
- Lesbians fantasize about a harem
- Is Filariasis Lymphatic Filariasis 100 curable
- Is the West about to become more authoritarian?
- Capsule hotels are cheap
- Who makes the best photo paper
- What is an anti-zionist
- Are Uighurs the descendants of the Yuezhi
- How can you lower the CK value