Is Adderall XR more powerful than IR
There are a number of drug treatments for ADHD in 2021 Medication available with different active ingredients and mechanisms of action. So-called psychostimulants, which have a dopaminergic effect, are considered to be the most effective and best studied. The most frequently prescribed generic drugs in Germany are methylphenidate (MPH), Lisdexamfetamine and the non-stimulant atomoxetine. In addition to these substances, there are a number of other drugs that can be used to treat ADHD, although they are not approved for the treatment of ADHD (off-label use). Sometimes these drugs are also used to treat comorbidities, for example to treat depression, and can then also have effects on the ADHD symptoms.
Detailed information on ADHD drug treatment can be found in the Pharmacotherapy article.
Methylphenidate variants in Germany in 2021
A distinction is made between preparations with a short daily action time and a long daily action time, so-called sustained release drugs. An explanation of the concept of Bioequivalence can be found here.
The methylphenidate variants currently available in Germany include:
Conversion table for stimulants
→ See also: Medication conversion table.
The following table refers to methylphenidate and amphetamine-containing preparations. It corresponds to the information in the equivalence table according to Kühle.
|MPH-IR (single dose)||Medikinet Retard / Adult||Ritalin Adult / LA||Equasym Retard||Concerta||MPH HCL Neuraxpharm||Elvanse / Elvanse Adult||DL-Amphetamine (0.2 juice)||DL-Amphetamine (mg)|
|5 mg||10 mg||10 mg||10 mg||18 mg||18 mg||10 mg||2 x 2-3 ml||2 x 4-6 mg|
|7.5 mg||15 mg||20 mg||27 mg||27 mg||20 mg||2 x 3-4 ml||2 x 6-8 mg|
|10 mg||20 mg||20 mg||30 mg||36 mg||36 mg||30 mg||2 x 4-5 ml||2 x 8-10 mg|
|12.5 mg||25 mg||40 mg||45 mg||40 mg||2 x 4-6 ml||2 x 8-12 mg|
|15 mg||30 mg||30 mg||50 mg||54 mg||54 mg||50 mg||2 x 5-6 ml||2 x 10-12 mg|
|17.5 mg||35 mg||60 mg||63 mg||60 mg||2 x 6-8 ml||2 x 12-16 mg|
|20 mg||40 mg||40 mg||70 mg||72 mg||72 mg||70 mg||2 x 7-8 ml||2 x 14-16 mg|
Gallery (selection of methylphenidate preparations)
|drug||Daily operating time||Available in|
|Daytrana||long daily operating time (retard)||United States|
|Focalin XR||long daily operating time (retard)||Switzerland, USA|
|Quillivant XR||long daily operating time (retard)||United States|
|Inspiral SR||long daily operating time (retard)||India|
|Ritaline||short daily duration||Belgium|
|Ritalina||short daily duration||Argentina, Brazil, Portugal|
|Hynidate||short daily duration||Thailand|
|Addwize||short daily duration||India|
Gallery (selection of amphetamine preparations)
Not all of the products listed below are available in Germany or the EU.
Studies and scientific publications
More interesting articles
- What happened to Homo sapiens idaltu
- What is your most beautiful facial feature
- Why do we have to tip
- Please delete it 2
- How to say money in Hindi
- Should Snapchat change its name to Snap
- What is asthma in adults
- Are vets undercompensated in the US?
- What are some good Urdu books of poetry
- Have BB cannons rifle barrels
- What if we are infinite beings
- Which Arab country has banned tattoos?
- Which artist sang the song Ayo
- How did Barack Obama suggest to Michelle
- Who would win Ghost Rider or Homelander?
- How do you really interpret the classification accuracy
- Why can't three atoms share one electron?
- How can I forget someone
- Where did Celtic mythology begin?
- Why do people fry garlic
- The bank calculates EMI for free
- How do mitochondria decide when to fuse
- Ben Carson is just terrible in history
- How could quantum computers change daily business?