What is the future of regenerative medicine
One innovation leads to the next
If regenerative medicine advances to the point where it is possible to regenerate entire organs, it will undoubtedly bring about groundbreaking changes in medicine and society. Nevertheless, many technological hurdles still have to be overcome, so that, based on today's medical standards, such medical miracles will only be possible in one or more decades.
But Fujifilm already believes it can realize an innovation that seems just as important as regenerative medicine itself: the use of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs). In 2012, Professor Shinya Yamanaka of Kyoto University and the British developmental biologist John Gurdon were awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine, respectively. This drew the world's attention to these amazing cells that Professor Yamanaka developed in his laboratory.
iPSCs can not only transform into cells of any organ or tissue in the body, they can also replicate and grow almost without limits. Cellular Dynamics International, Inc., which joined the Fujifilm Group in May 2015, is leveraging the world's leading iPSC development and manufacturing technologies to create an iPSC bank that includes iPSCs for use in a wide variety of diseases and research Includes conditions. In the future, pharmaceutical companies may well be able to use these cells to test the safety and effectiveness of new drugs, greatly reducing the need for human clinical trials. IPSCs therefore have the potential to revolutionize the drug development process by making the process significantly faster and more effective. In addition, iPSCs-supported drug development leads to further advances in regenerative medicine. The incentive to breed iPSCs that resemble human cells as closely as possible in structure and function in order to effectively develop new drugs may also lead to these being further improved for use in the regeneration of human organs.
- Which base has the chemical formula NaOH
- Why is Wikipedia free
- What are the most common types of pets
- How are compost toilets
- Sleep better than watch TV
- What is the MMA belt system
- Can I blindly believe in the USA?
- What is polynomial division
- What are some must read novels
- What is the better alternative to masturbation
- How do I chat with technical developers
- What is the safest effective flea medication
- What are the different networks in Docker
- What do you like about ramen
- Why is there competition in business
- Can a black hole attract the earth?
- How can a diabetic add weight
- Why do 10-year-old children lie
- Like girls men with long hair
- Does school ruin our childhood?
- Why are there Chinese in Chechnya?
- Are men more violent in all cultures
- What's the best site for gaming hoodies
- It rains in December in Krabi