Roofers need straps
Fall protection: the right protection can save lives
Working at great heights requires strict safety measures. For this reason, the roofer is taught how to properly use fall protection systems during his training. You can find more on the subject here at Dachdecker.com!
The roofing profession is a long-established craft, which has been shown to have been treated with great respect from time immemorial. This has even manifested itself in linguistic usage. The phrase “you can hold it like a roofer” comes from the fact that the roofer's work was rarely checked in the past. Because neither the builder nor the architect had the courage to climb onto the high roof structure unsecured.
Today, however, the roofer is no longer allowed to go unsecured to dizzying heights. As early as in the roofer apprenticeship, the trainees learn how to use fall protection systems. The theoretical study of legal texts is also part of this, because fall protection to protect the worker is required by law.
Fall protection: Required by the state
Fall protection regulations can be found in the professional association regulations (BGV) as well as in the DIN standards. These not only determine the height from which fall protection must be used. The fact that the supervisor of a roofing company must ensure that his employees really use the roof securing devices is also recorded there.
Fall protection on the roof is either individual or collective protection. Individual anchor devices are rope systems that secure up to 4 roofers at the same time. The ropes are attached to attachment points in the roof. The worker wears a belt and is attached to this in the rope system. Collective fall protection, on the other hand, consists of scaffolding structures that are either screwed onto the roof or simply placed on the roof. The supported systems are weighted down with weights and therefore offer just as much safety as firmly anchored fall protection railings.
Fall protection is necessary for all roofing work
Fall protection devices are used for all roofing work. Regardless of whether the roof is re-covered with roof tiles, snow guards have to be installed, the chimney is being renovated, a roof extension is to be made, or a green roof is to be created. Correct securing is vital in any case. Personal protective equipment is used on both steep and flat roofs. Collective safety systems, on the other hand, are only used for fall protection on flat roofs. Scaffolding structures are also significantly more expensive than custom harness systems. A collective flat roof security can cost more than 3,000 euros. Anchor devices, on the other hand, are available from a price of 150 euros. You can get detailed price information directly from the manufacturer.
- What if we are infinite beings
- Why are most Christian animated films terrible
- What are TCS holiday homes
- What is the goal of Sepak Takraw
- How quickly could Russia invade Lithuania?
- Why did Joseph Smith run for president
- Do we need work for others
- What is a Completely Free App Maker
- Who was the first voodoo priest
- Is it KPOP or K Pop 1
- Asian men get yellow fever
- Euro 2020 qualification Who needs what
- Which college is better Amrita or BVBCET
- What are the best online tutors for JEE
- Liked Winston Churchill pasta
- What is cloud provisioning about
- What do you think of ATM hacking
- Why does Minecraft Technic keep freezing
- What's strange about your mood
- What if we are infinite beings
- What rhymes with passion
- It can lead to depression if one is too intelligent
- Negative attitudes can affect your studies
- What is polarization in chemical bonding