What is the HBsag test
Diagnostics for hepatitis B should be offered widely. A hepatitis B search diagnosis should always be carried out at
- Patients with elevated liver values or clinical signs of hepatitis
- Cirrhotic patients
- Patients with hepatocellular carcinoma
- Persons with a migration background from countries with an increased HBs-Ag prevalence, family members and household contacts as well as sexual partners of HBs-Ag positive patients
- Patients before or during an immunosuppressive therapy (reactivation under chemotherapy possible)
- Medical staff
- Patients in psychiatric institutions
- Homosexual men and patients with frequently changing sexual partners
- When diagnosing other sexually transmitted diseases (syphilis, HIV, hepatitis C).
The diagnosis of chronic hepatitis B can be made by an HBs-Ag search test. If this is positive, a complete hepatitis serology should be taken (anti-Hbs-AK, HBe-Ag, HBe-AK, anti-HBc-AK) and the hepatitis B viraemia (HBV-DNA) should be determined. In addition, tests should be carried out for hepatitis A, C and D and for HIV. Further laboratory tests are the transaminases, the liver synthesis parameters (albumin, Quick, cholinesterase), the blood count and the AFP as tumor markers.
Hepatitis B screening: step-by-step diagnosis
- HBs antigen: search marker for hepatitis B infection
- HBc antibodies: search marker for hepatitis B infection
- HBs antibodies: only with positive HBsAg and / or HBc-Ab
- HBc-IgM antibodies: only after a pathological search test
- HBe antigen: only after pathological screening test
- HBe antibodies: only after a pathological search test
Fight hepatitis C together
April 29, 2021: PLUS initiative
April 28, 2021: STI as a predictor of reinfection
COVID-19 and Public Health
April 28, 2021: How did the public health service react to Corona in Germany?
Scholarship German Liver Foundation
April 27, 2021: Application for an exemption scholarship for 2022 Hepatology is now possible.
April 22, 2021: J & J's vector vaccine also effective against variants
HIV funding program
April 20, 2021: You can apply for the Gilead HIV funding program until June 15, 2021.
Health Department Day
March 19, 2021: The motto for the occasion "Crisis Response"
March 14, 2021: EU approval for Janssen's single-use vaccine
February 22, 2021: Non-quantifiable additional benefit for Hepcludex®
February 17, 2021: Viruses survive in the ejaculate of chronically infected patients
February 11, 2021: Need for clarification and action
Addendum DGVS guidelines HCV
December 10, 2020: DGVS guideline recommends immediate start of therapy for chronic HCV infection.
November 22, 2020: Screening for hepatitis B and C is a new part of the health check-up
November 22, 2020: Addendum to the S3 guideline published
November 15, 2020: Fluzone® High Dose Quadrivalent vaccine for people over 65 on the market
Test, advise, treat!
October 20, 2020: Those interested can find out the most important things about hepatitis C in a new educational video
September 28, 2020: EASL guideline on rare genotypes
September 25, 2020: ENSEMBLE vaccine study started
September 21, 2020: New EASL guideline recommends therapy for everyone.
September 21, 2020: HIV infection under PrEP
This website provides information on all aspects of liver disease. The focus is on the viral hepatitis hepatitis A, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, hepatitis D and hepatitis E, fatty liver and liver cancer. The clinical picture, diagnosis and therapy are treated. Much has changed in the treatment of hepatitis B and hepatitis C in particular. Here you will find an overview of the drugs available against hepatitis B and C, study data, specialist information and current prices. The current information from medicine and industry is aimed at those affected and doctors.
- What is an ECE course about
- How is Chandigarh University for LLB
- What does Gartner say about SAP HANA
- Why do animals poop faster than humans
- Can I teach myself an A-Level?
- From where do you study business analytics
- What is the most profitable ICO
- Are narcissists capable of genuine shyness
- What is a rules repository
- How often do you smoke 3
- How does Luke Cages' performance work
- What are you going to teach your son
- How powerful were early aircraft engines
- Which activities release the most dopamine?
- How are time sentences formed in Japanese?
- What is not on your résumé
- How does suppression affect people emotionally?
- Why take the GMAT exam
- You can freeze distilled rum
- Who is the world's best introductory economics professor
- How does a breast lump feel?
- Rats are better than mice as pets
- What is the definition of humanitarian needs
- What is fetch FetchType LAZY at rest