Jake Williams is great
Anyone who has read my blog for a long time knows that I am always on the lookout for appealing and inspiring books that convey knowledge while reading, but are by no means dry or / and boring. Many topics are really extremely interesting, but are not packaged appropriately for today's children and young people. Who wants to read a boring biography of Darwin? Nobody. Exactly. You should definitely “know” this man or be able to classify him somehow.
We like this book very much because it skillfully conveys knowledge, but not in a boring way. The author manages to tell Darwin's life in such a way that one always wants to read on. He repeatedly arouses the curiosity of the reader through various approaches and so you really stick to Darwin's life story until the end.
He not only reports on the name of the ship with which Darwin set out for unknown waters, but also shows how such a ship was constructed and describes how the people lived there. As a result, you are closer as a reader, you “feel a little bit”.
Also, for example, Darwin's equipment is shown and there are things here that we have certainly not heard of or have not heard often (goniometer).
Reports and illustrations about Darwin, who was constantly vomiting and who was only able to eat biscuits and raisins due to seasickness, make this great scientist more human and more tangible, and you can feel with it again.
Whole double pages are also filled with the extraordinary animals that Darwin encounters on his journey and through which he came up with his ideas for the theory of evolution. Everything always perfectly embedded in Darwin's life and journey.
The illustrations really impressed us, even if we unfortunately didn't find the people, especially Charles Darwin, to be very successful. But the animals, the equipment, the ship, the underwater world, just the rest - are really well done!
A book that really makes you want to deal with the life and discoveries of Darwin, as the author manages to motivate younger readers to stick with it through the well thought-out structure of the book. A book for the whole family. Certainly legible from 8 years of age. Have lots of fun with it!
- How can we remove passwords
- Is subjective truth empirical
- What was Joseph Stalin's humor
- What is embodiment
- Does BTS conduct an SNL
- What do you mean by parliament?
- Is it difficult to change majors at UCLA?
- How does quantitative easing work
- How can I fix a cuckoo clock
- When is cauterizing a wound actually effective?
- Who are holy healers
- How can I deal with constant fear
- You can file taxes late
- What mood are you in
- What's the song at 5 17
- Was Baer Grylls in the military
- How were the colonies of Italy administered
- What should I do with my tension
- How does the media control our mind
- What is the immune system's last resort
- Practice atheism like keeping cats
- Which companies are successful in Africa
- How do I score 90+ in math
- How can we make money with Rakuten
- Brazil never lost a war
- Why can't humans breed with animals?
- What is a multi-needle embroidery machine
- Which investment brings monthly guaranteed payments
- How safe are Indian airports
- How was your IIM interview 2019 2021
- Why are you still a teacher
- Why doesn't GameSalad support AdMob
- Who is evil Danzo or Orochimaru
- What is the desired Hindi word