What are water supply systems
Alternative water supply systems
The aim of the project is to examine alternative water supply systems in Europe for their potential to save water. The main task is to assess and show the risks as well as the social, ecological and economic consequences of implementing the alternatives. In addition, the negative effects and the sustainability of the alternatives are to be examined and presented.
In the past few years the EU has dealt more and more with the problem of water scarcity in the member states. The EU hopes to reduce the consumption of drinking water within the EU - 27 member states through various measures in order to be able to guarantee an adequate drinking water supply in the future. The EU is moving towards increasing the efficiency of water use in order to reduce drinking water consumption. This should be supported with the help of alternative solutions in the water supply.
In the course of this project, four alternative proposals for water supply were examined, namely desalination, wastewater use, artificial groundwater recharge and rainwater harvesting. The opportunities were analyzed within the following five sectors: agriculture, tourism, households, energy and industry.
The aims of the project were to calculate and estimate the risks and burdens of the proposals for people and the environment. Furthermore, the study contains an exact list of the implementation, the feasibility and the savings potential of the individual proposals in the various sectors.
A challenge of the analysis was the fact that the various measures in the area of technology, water consumption, regional environment and sector differ greatly.
The project results should contribute to reducing the drinking water consumption in the EU-27 member states in order to ensure a future supply.
The study is now available for download in its individual parts:
- Short summary [pdf, 200 KB, English]
- Extended Summary [pdf, 400 KB, English]
- Task 1 report [pdf, 1.5 MB, English]
- Task 2 report [pdf, 2.7 MB, English]
- Task 2 report Annexes [pdf, 350 KB, English]
- Task 3 report [pdf, 1.5 MB, English]
- Project ID
- Water, water saving, water pricesEurope, Germany, Cyprus, Spain, Belgium, Malta, France, Wolfsburg, Berlin, Flanders, Ghent
- Who would win Aquaman Namor or Superman?
- Uses Facebook phpMyAdmin
- Why didn't Cu react with HCl
- What is marriage anyway
- How many people have dark personality traits
- Can we extend the vacation in KIIT?
- What was the population of ancient Carthage
- Why does it cost money to apply to college
- What are your challenges in getting dressed
- How is patchwork made
- Good social skills are an innate trait
- What all books for periodontics give
- What were Tchaikovsky's best songs
- Has anyone had sex while skydiving
- Have you posted your eBook
- How much does child support cost in Florida
- Where does the beat come from?
- Many aspies hate cucumbers
- How do you thread a sewing machine
- Why does carbonic acid affect the taste of soda
- If 12x 11 11 what is x
- Epistemology Why do you know something
- How big is the London Eye
- Rabbis are allowed to be gay
- What is the most generally recognizable word
- How credible is the BuildOn charity
- Why do people pretend to be religious
- What is a computer bus
- What is the DECA mission statement
- What is the name of a group of snakes
- Are you a Brony 1
- What is the chemical name for iron
- Is twenty-one pilots for teenage children
- How do I get to IISER 1