What is your favorite feta cheese recipe
Discover our regional and seasonal recipe ideas.
All topics related to cooking, baking, inviting and enjoying at a glance.
Find out what you should consider for a balanced and conscious diet.
From A for artichoke to Z for pikeperch - find out everything about our great love of food.
Creamy feta cheese, spicy herbs and juicy tomatoes: with our Mediterranean recipe for baked feta, you can prepare a summery, Greek-style vegetarian dish that will bring a breath of fresh air to your menu.
1 clove of garlic
1 red onion
2 Pointed peppers
10 olive, green
1EL olive oil
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
400g tomatoes, chunky
1 teaspoon sugar
1 pinch of salt
1pice of pepper
1 EL Thyme, rubbed
5 walnut kernels
Peel the garlic and onion. Press the garlic through a garlic press. Cut the onion into fine strips. Wash the orange, cut in half and fillet one half. Squeeze out the other half and set aside. Wash the peppers, remove the core and stem and cut into small pieces. Drain the olives over the sieve and cut in half.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees circulating air (200 degrees top / bottom heat).
Gently heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Steam the garlic and onion until translucent. Add paprika and olives and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste. Deglaze with orange juice and chunky tomatoes. Season to taste with sugar, salt, pepper and thyme. Pour vegetable sauce into a baking dish.
Place the whole feta on the bed of vegetables. Top with orange slices. Roughly chop the walnuts and spread them on the casserole together with the sage leaves.
Bake the feta for 15 minutes on the middle rack. Take out, let cool down briefly and serve. You can also serve our [Souvlaki] (https://www.edeka.de/rezepte/rezept/suvlaki.jsp "Souvlaki recipe").
Reference amount for an average adult according to LMIV (8,400 kJ / 2,000 kcal)
Baked feta recipe: made from sheep, goat or cow milk?
A crumbly white slice of a spicy cheese in brine: In this country, this already makes a feta cheese for many. Strictly speaking - and written down in an EU regulation - only sheep's cheese and goat cheese from Greece can be called feta. However, you can also prepare our recipe for baked feta with milder brine cheese made from cow's milk, depending on your taste.
The strong taste of gratinated sheep's cheese or the special aroma of cheese made from goat's milk is simply not for everyone. In our Sheep Cheese Food Knowledge you will find a lot more valuable information about feta and co. An important note for connoisseurs with food allergies: Original Greek feta is usually lactose-free! With our baked feta recipe, in the end, as is so often the case, it only depends on your own preferences. Whether original Greek feta or herder cheese made from cow's milk: your taste decides!
Feta is part of Greek cuisine like tzatziki and souvlaki. Round off your Greek evening in style with our recipe for Greek salad with feta. A glass of Retsina is of course recommended as a suitable drink. The resinated white wine with its strong taste goes very well with dishes with spicy cheese. You can find more great recipe ideas with feta in our feta recipes.
Fast vegetarian cuisine: enjoyment entirely without meat
Our Baked Feta Recipe is a good example of how diverse, tasty and aromatic vegetarian food can be. The special thing about our recipe is that the ingredients used, such as garlic, feta, olives, walnuts and oranges, are themselves so flavorful that the dish hardly needs any spices. A pinch of salt, a little pepper, sage and thyme for the Mediterranean note and a top-class vegetarian dish is ready. Incidentally, the feta casserole only needs 15 minutes in the oven. This keeps the vegetables crunchy, vitamins and nutrients are retained and the baked feta still gets the creaminess you want.
The vegetarian cuisine is also suitable for party and finger food. In addition to various dips with raw vegetables, our recipe for fried zucchini is also ideal. This dish also has its origins in the fantastic and varied cuisine of Greece. And like our baked feta, the fried zucchini also get along wonderfully without meat. Even our recipe for tomato salad with feta doesn’t have to hide in terms of richness of flavors: Fresh vanilla in the dressing provides that special kick. Our melon salad with feta is turned into a taste sensation with juicy melon and a fine lime dressing. So it is not difficult at all to eat a little less meat, which is good for your health and our environment.
- What comes after a master’s degree
- How do I create simulation games
- What is a backhoe loader made of
- What's Canada's Like Israel
- How is neurogenesis influenced by age
- Are there abundant and hedonistic software developers
- How do peelings promote a clean environment?
- How does funnel hacking work
- Lyft has already gone public
- Where can I buy Antshares in India
- How's the gas on Kodak
- How should designers work with product managers
- How much does the water slide cost to produce
- How does PHP foreach actually work
- Why can't I download from the Play Store?
- Why do anole lizards turn brown
- What is the difference between criticism and ridicule
- How do peelings promote a clean environment?
- What kind of organisms can have cancer
- Is Disneyland only for children
- Which governments still consider themselves more revolutionary?
- Is healthy 76 beats per minute
- Is harp a drum kit
- How are interactive voice responses developed
- What is real perfect love
- Which song begins with the letter W.
- What do Serbs think of Azeris
- Which storage is best suited for cloud storage
- What's the big deal about Brexit
- Medellin Colombia is a racist city
- What happens when there is high humidity
- What are 5 books that won't disappoint
- Scientologists avoid social media