What vegetables were carved in front of pumpkins
Carving a pumpkin: step by step instructions
Cut out the cover
First cut a lid off the top of the pumpkin. You can cut this round or star-shaped, depending on your preference. To do this, pierce the pumpkin at a slight angle from above - this is important so that the lid does not fall into the pumpkin later! Work your way around once and then remove the top part.
Now you can remove the pulp with the spoon. Use it to scrape out as much as you can until you have a wall about two inches thick. Tip: You can save the pulp and the seeds and use them to cook a delicious pumpkin soup and toast the pumpkin seeds.
Also read: Preparing Pumpkin - Tricks, Tips and Recipes >>
First, think about what you want to carve. Whether it's a creepy grimace, a cute face or just a pretty pattern: it's best to paint your design once with a felt-tip pen before you start cutting.
Alternatively, you can cut out templates, glue them on and pre-scratch the outlines.
Now it's down to the nitty-gritty: Use a large knife to cut out a wide mouth, for example. It is better to use a small knife for details such as teeth, eyes or small patterns. It is best to proceed carefully, step by step, from the inside out. Bear in mind that you can easily slip off the wet bowl and do not make hectic movements that involve using a lot of force.
Unfortunately, since it is a fresh food, the carved pumpkin will only last a limited time. Sooner or later it will start to mold or dry up. To extend the shelf life of the pumpkin a little, you can rub the cut areas and the interior of the pumpkin with petroleum jelly or rinse it out with vinegar.
Now you can insert a candle (try which size fits well in your pumpkin and shines brightly enough) and place the self-made decoration effectively!
You can also find more great motifs on this Pinterest page
- Testosterone grows hair on the scalp
- Did Adolf Hitler ever visit Mexico?
- Why does Central Park close
- How can I make my foundation lighter
- What video game character could Thanos defeat?
- Do you believe that Jesus really existed?
- Which is the best broadband connection
- Why wasn't Viserys a real dragon?
- When did the Alamo fall?
- Were Arabs discriminated against in the Ottoman Empire
- Have you ever seen a healing miracle
- How does a keyword really work?
- You can recover from frontal lobe damage
- How good is Adelphi University
- How do I restart an iPod Nano
- What Makes Your Dog's Ears Higher
- Can Americans work in Morocco
- Horn speakers give off unnatural sound
- Who created the very first website
- What does 9mm
- Which colors make you feel certain emotions
- Is a film graduation useless
- What are the strategic management concepts
- Is PHP 2017 dead
- What is Vodafone retrospective tax dispute
- What problems do teachers face?
- What are the basics of plant husbandry
- Tyga is black
- Is it worth learning robotics
- Who could have taken this picture
- Would you like to do SEO services
- The Lord rejoices in the burnt offering
- How to get pandas on PyCharm