What is a seal command
Diplomatics (2/3) - Ideal structure of a certificate
Here are a few key words for the structure of an ideal-type royal certificate:
Invocation of God, often with Chrismon (Christ sign), e.g. B. (C.) In nomine sancte et individue trinitatis.
Name and title of the exhibitor; important for the self-image, e.g. B. Heinricus divina favente clementia quartus rex
Mention of the recipient, especially in letters, not so often in documents
General, religious justification of the documentary activity, partly with reference to the specific individual case, but always expresses a fundamental understanding of the Christian exercise of power, mostly solemn language
also Publicatio, Annunciation formula, z. B. Notum sit omnibus fidelibus tam presentibus quam futuris
describes the specific circumstances that led to the drafting of the document; especially important because of the naming of petitioners and interveners (i.e. people who had a share in the development of the legal transaction and were therefore in closer contact with the ruler); z. B. interventu dilectissime coniugis nostre Berthe rogatuque fidelis nostri Conradi Traiectensis sedis episcopi et ducis Theoderici ceterorumque fidelium nostrorum ...
the actual legal content of the document; z. B. ... cuidam nostro fideli nomine Sigeberto villam nomine Wategozingen ... in proprium tradidimus ...
Poem formula, threat of punishment if the content of the document is violated
Authentication, seal order, possibly witness lists; z. B. Et ut hec nostre traditionis auctoritas stabilis et inconvulsa omni evo permaneat, hanc cartam inde conscriptam manu propria, ut infra videtur, roborantes sigilli nostri impressione iussimus insigniri.
- Eschat log
- Sign line
comparable with signature, but not handwritten by the exhibitor, with ruler's monogram, this partially with a completion line made by the exhibitor; z. B. Signum domni Heinrici (M.) quarti regis.
- Recognition line
Notary or chancellor recognizes the deed; z. B. Gebehardus episcopus et cancellarius recognovit.
Time and place of the legal transaction and the issue of the certificate (does not have to be the same date!); z. B. Anno dominice incarnationis millesimo LXXX, indictione III data, anno autem ordinationis domni Heinrici quarti regis XXVII, regni vero XXVI; actum Mogontie
final blessing; z. B. in Christi nomine feliciter amen.
- Sign line
On the next page there are some explanations about the law firm.
© by Larissa Veronesi and Clemens Radl
Update 2006 by Valeria Lily
Update 2014 by Annette Grabowsky
- Which celebrity has the ugliest house
- Are acrylic paintings inferior to Olgemaelden
- How are business loans calculated
- What happened to the singer Tia Blake
- How to do class observation
- The Lord rejoices in the burnt offering
- How important is Jerusalem in modern Christianity
- What is your understanding of the world
- What is the Christian view of clairvoyant
- Who originally sang Tennessee whiskey
- How do I install natural basalt stone
- Can heal small cavities on their own
- Why do Samsung phones turn off
- What is a booked ticket history
- How can you use FaceTime from your phone
- Which expands faster glass or plastic
- What are some great tips for metalworking
- Should a friend have girlfriends
- What are mortgage lenders
- PyCharm is good
- There is an offerup clone
- What is Dengue Positive IgG
- How can web analysis for SEO
- How does screen mirroring work technically