Releases CBD dopamine
Cannabis decreases dopamine synthesis in the brain
London - The "amotivation syndrome" observed in chronic cannabis users could have its cause in a reduced dopamine production in the brain, report British brain researchers in Biological Psychiatry (2013; doi: 10.1016 / j.biopsych.2013.05.027).
Michael Bloomfield of Imperial College London had actually expected a different result. The brain researcher used positron emission tomography (PET) to examine the dopamine concentration in the brain of 19 chronic cannabis users. All suffered from psychotic symptoms. Delusions or other positive symptoms of schizophrenia developed while using cannabis.
Bloomfield had suspected that this was the result of increased dopamine production in the reward centers of the brain. Instead, the PET images showed a significantly reduced dopamine concentration. Although this cannot explain the psychotic symptoms of cannabis users, writes Bloomfeld, it could, however, be the cause of the "amotivation syndrome" which is very often observed in this group.
Cannabis users are often listless, passive, and lackluster. The indifference to everyday demands often leads to academic and professional failures. © rme / aerzteblatt.de
- A lobster is considered an insect
- Why does my battery run out overnight
- Why are there coordinate systems in mathematics
- TV channels are slowly getting out of date
- What is a shunt regulator
- How do I cool the iPhone
- Why are beheading victims so passive
- How did Wicklow get his name
- Narcissists aren't naturally evil, just broken
- How free are you really
- Is conforming to our expectations correctly
- Are bryophytes seedless vascular plants
- Is CouchTuner legal
- Are there sharks in the Mediterranean
- Should I overcome my fears
- What are the types of heat transfer
- What are variables in Python 1
- Is it worth doing SHRM SCP
- What's wrong with relational databases
- What is traffic in telecommunications
- How to repair the Ingersoll Rand impact wrench
- What are the uses of ultrasonic scanning
- Should I become a RAW agent?
- Helps castor oil with skin justice
- Is acceleration in the direction of movement
- The joker knows who Batman is
- Is gain staging required for production mixes?
- Is Google AdWords actually difficult to learn
- How can I live without criticism
- What are RNNs good for?
- Can someone open an eBay shop?
- Is huggable com http huggable com legitimate
- How does eyebrow shaping improve the beauty of the face?